[Wylug-help] help with crashed SCSI drive

Jean-Fabrice Vernet vernet at moose.co.uk
Fri Dec 2 10:01:30 GMT 2005

I'm a computer user in Spain user whose SCSI drive has failed apparently
due to a power surge. I'm neither in Madrid nor Barcelona and can't find a
computer technician who understands SCSI or recovery software like
Spinrite. I can't afford hard-drive surgery at this time.

I'm looking for someone who for a reasonable fee would consult with me
directly by e-mail and walk me through tasks like:

-connecting my scsi drive directly to my controller (bypassing the drive's
apparently damaged external case)
-running GRC Spinrite or any other such software on it if the drive is seen
by my BIOS yet not accessible in the conventional manner, or tell me that
the Spinrite recovery route won't work

many thanks.

JFV