[WYLUG-help] instant messaging

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Feb 11 12:44:04 GMT 2005

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, Mike wrote:

> Aah, gaim is there in the core repos - I don't know the names of these
> utilities. What I feel more guilty about is that, had I clicked on the
> red Fedora then Internet, I would have seen it is already installed and
> marked as an instant meesenger!!

No need to apologise.  I found gaim to be somewhat unreliable on some machines
(couldn't work out why) and found kopete to be a worthy alternative.

Equally gaim seems to have some limitations with jabber, and doesn't list
rooms that other software shows.

jh

--
"Ten thousand women marched through the streets of London saying 'We will not
  be dictated to!' then when off to become stenographers."