[Wylug-help] External DVD ROM/CDR-CDRW

dnoble7 at ukonline.co.uk dnoble7 at ukonline.co.uk
Sat Feb 12 15:58:08 GMT 2005

More help please,
                 I am wanting to add an external DVD ROM/CDR-CDRW to my
Mandrake 9.2 box and would appreciate any advice or warnings about
getting such a drive to work with Linux, also any suggestions as to
which makes may be most easily accepted.
                 There would also appear to be the possibility of either a
complete unit or a caddy plus separate drive unit.  This latter would
seem to offer more flexibility and I  think this may be preferable.

     			Thanks in advance from that old newbie,   David