[Wylug-help] Mdk10.1 with loopy GRUB

Andreas Erbe phyae at phys-irc.leeds.ac.uk
Sun Feb 27 17:05:22 GMT 2005

On Sunday 27 February 2005 13:34, dnoble7 at ukonline.co.uk wrote:
> Help please,
>  			After 3 installs of Mdk 10.1 CE ,   each resulting in GRUB showing a
> choice of Linux, failsafe, and Windows,  but choosing either Linux or
> failsafe just results in the computer rebooting and GRUB re-appearing.

Some time ago I had the opposite problem: Linux booted with GRUB but Windows
did not, due to some altered partition table configuration. At this stage,

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-May/msg00908.html

helped - it decribes the problem for Fedora 2, but the problem occures with
SuSE (9.1??) as well. Maybe its not exactly what you need, but certainly
worth looking at.

Good luck,
Andreas.