[Wylug-help] Centos

Martyn Ranyard martyn at syn.co.uk
Mon Jan 10 23:19:10 GMT 2005

John Craven wrote:

>HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYBODY....

Happy new year to yourself also.

>Has anybody got any experience of Centos ????
>I believe that it is a Redhat 'look-a-like'.

Centos is from the cAos stable, and it's not really a look-a-like - it's
a completely compatible OS.  It is built from Redhat's SRPMs, but in
complience with RedHat's guidelines with regards to trademarks, imagary
etc.  It incorporates yum for updates and the patches and releases
follow RedHat's very closely.

Big point - RedHat in this case is RH Enterprise Linux NOT Fedora.

>Thanks,
>
>John C

HTH

P.S. are we switching lists so they have the inverse meaning now? IMHO
this should have been -discuss in which case, just to clarify, should I
send advocacy stuff to -jobs now? ;-)

Martyn Ranyard