[Wylug-help] usb pendrives

Lee Evans lee at leeevans.org
Fri Jan 21 21:47:08 GMT 2005

Hi roger,

couple of simple questions - is it USB Mass storage? and are you using
Udev?

i have the following in my /etc/fstab

/dev/usb/memstick1   /mnt/usb    vfat    noauto,users   0 0

where /dev/usb/memstick1 is created by udev according to
my /etc/udev/rules.d/10-local.rules as follows:

BUS="usb", SYSFS{idProduct}="07a0", SYSFS{idVendor}="05e3" KERNEL="sd*"
NAME="usb/memstick%n

i got the above information from udevinfo - see the following link for
more info

http://www.reactivated.net/udevrules.php#

if youre not using udev, it should simply be a scsi drive - so replace
my memstick stuff with /dev/sdX or whatever - which is easily
identifiable if you do 'cat /proc/scsi/scsi'

i dont have automounting - but then i have no desire to, so i cant
really help on that front - sorry :)

hope that helps

lee