[Wylug-help] Laptop Keyboard problem

Mike Goodman mike at jazzitis.uklinux.net
Sat Jul 16 12:02:29 BST 2005

So far, I've taken note of the comments regarding use of su/sudo and
stuck with Ubuntu, but with only one user configured. I think adding
users so each of my two businesses and personal, plus root, logged in
separately was perhaps causing at least some of my headaches. The
separation can be kept to the workstations. The gui is nice and clean
and, most importantly, the distro works for everything I've wanted to do
so far. The gui is gnome so I don't even have any new behaviour to get
used to or strange knobs to twiddle ;).

I cleaned M$ off mine altogether and with only one distro loaded dual
booting is not an issue. Your Dell probably has hardware sufficiently
old enough for the Linux compilers to have written all the required
drivers, which will be why fc4 works "out of the box". My problem was
the Aspire's NIC, being upgraded by its manufacturer, SiS, in March this
year, I think, and after the fc4 drivers were put in. Obviously Ubuntu
(or did they take it straight off Debian?) are quicker on their feet
because the latest Ubuntu distro is at least a couple of weeks older
than the fc4 release.

I can't help on why M$ is dying on you. Isn't it better left that
way? ;))