[Wylug-help] Adding new disks, include in volume group

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Jun 15 16:32:36 BST 2005

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, John Hodrien wrote:

> Perhaps try the non-mapper path to the lv since that's what they use in the
> example, and it looks like it's parsing that.  So I guess on your system that
> would be:
>
> lvextend -L +40G /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /dev/hdb

Perhaps also use the output of vgdisplay -v to see how many extents you've got
free on /dev/hdb, then do

lvextend -l <number_of_extents> /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /dev/hdb

jh

--
"I happen to feel that the degree of a person's intelligence is directly
  reflected by the number of conflicting attitudes she can bring to bear on the