[Wylug-help] Adding new disks, include in volume group

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Jun 15 16:28:21 BST 2005

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Gary Stainburn wrote:

> Which RPM do I need for this?

Ah, I might be rawhiding in my head.  It's in system-config-lvm which is an
FC4/Rawhide package.  You could probably build it from the SRPM with few
problems, but that's yet more fun.

> [root at larry1 ~]# pvcreate /dev/hdb
>  Physical volume "/dev/hdb" successfully created
> [root at larry1 ~]# vgextend VolGroup00 /dev/hdb
>  Volume group "VolGroup00" successfully extended
> [root at larry1 ~]# lvextend -L +40G /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
> /dev/hdb
>  Volume group mapper doesn't exist

Perhaps try the non-mapper path to the lv since that's what they use in the
example, and it looks like it's parsing that.  So I guess on your system that
would be:

lvextend -L +40G /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /dev/hdb

jh

--
"I happen to feel that the degree of a person's intelligence is directly
  reflected by the number of conflicting attitudes she can bring to bear on the