[Wylug-help] Grub, dual boot query

Mike mike at jazzitis.uklinux.net
Fri Jun 17 18:09:14 BST 2005

I get three options when the screen comes up with the rescue CD:
1. to enter rescue mode press enter
2. to install or upgrade . . .
3. use the function keys for more info . . .

Rescue went to sh-3.00# /mnt/sysimage. Command grub-install /dev/hda
elicited /sbin/grub: Not found

chroot /mnt/sysimage followed by grub-install /dev/hda got /dev/hdb1
does not have any corresponding BIOS drive.

I agree with both of you but have no idea how to fix it. My only way in
is through the rescue CD and typing grub on the command line gets me
nowhere - it simply isn't recognised. So how do I "boot
up with the rescue CD, and chroot onto the root filesystem as
described."? That seems the most likely answer but how do I get there?

Thanks for the help to now.

Mike