[WYLUG-help] still trying to get this machine to copy cds/dvds

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Mar 3 17:34:28 GMT 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Mike wrote:

> That's quite a number of very knowledgeable answers! It only goes to
> underline my inexperience and ignorance, however, so in answer to John
> Hodrien's question and an anticipated follow-up, fstab shows my DVDRW as
> /dev/cdrom and my CDRW as /dev/cdrom1. The output of cdrecord -scanbus
> is:

>        1,0,0   100) 'LITE-ON ' 'DVDRW SOHW-1213S' 'TS08' Removable CD-ROM
>        1,1,0   101) 'LITE-ON ' 'LTR-52327S      ' 'QS57' Removable CD-ROM

Looks good.

> and /etc/cdrecord.conf has:

> CDR_DEVICE=cdrom

So FC2 is using you dvdrw as the default device.

> Do these help my helpers to help me?

That all looks like it should just work given a decent iso image with:

cdrecord foo.iso

or

cdrecord -dev=/dev/cdrom1 foo.iso

if you want to burn to your CDRW, assuming we've steered clear of the whole
ide-scsi pain.

> With many thanks for the pointers to date and for you all taking your
> time out. best regards,

Always welcome,

jh

--
"Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one."
                                                      -- Aurelius