[WYLUG-help] still trying to get this machine to copy cds/dvds

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Mar 4 10:15:13 GMT 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Mike wrote:

> cdrecord: Cannot allocate memory. Cannot get SCSI I/O buffer.

My output is identical up to this line.  At this point it should kick in with
something akin to:

Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 0
Response Format: 2
Capabilities   :
Vendor_info    : 'LITE-ON '
Identifikation : 'LTR-48125S      '
Revision       : '1S05'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc CD-RW.

> Will I ever write a CD or DVD using Linux? Oops. Mustn't say that! Yes,
> of course I will , but how? What can I try next?

;)

Could you give the output of:

cdrecord -dev=/dev/cdrom -inq
cdrecord -dev=/dev/cdrom1 -inq

Could you also try

cdrecord -dev=/dev/cdrom1 foo.iso

jh

--
"Disney has the best casting.  If he doesn't like an actor, he just tears him
  up."                                                -- Alfred Hitchcock