[WYLUG-help] still trying to get this machine to copy cds/dvds

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Mar 4 13:43:27 GMT 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Mike wrote:

> now retry as su, showing above as permission problem which I thought had
> been fixed at an earlier WYLUG-help session!

So Nigel has spotted the problem with the burn, but the permissions problem...

Are you logged into X as the user you're trying to burn as?

You'd expect (with default FC2) for /dev/cdrom* to be changed to be owned by
you (as per /etc/security/console.perms)

What does ls -lH /dev/cdrom* show

jh

--
"The Falklands thing was a fight between two bald men over a comb."
                                                      -- Jorge Luis Borges