[WYLUG-help] still trying to get this machine to copy cds/dvds

Mike mike at jazzitis.uklinux.net
Sat Mar 5 12:48:02 GMT 2005

cdrecord -dao foo.iso

to make it do disk at once - worked. Are we shocked and horrified? ;)

It looks like real progress to me. I've used the graphical tool as root
to burn two CDs and now I've burned a DVD from the command line as su.
I'm not sure about the importance of TAO for DVDs but I shall doubtless
find out to my cost as soon as I try to put a complex, multi-part
presentation together! Even they are unlikely to be larger than CD size,
though. The main DVD use will be for system back-ups and for copying
visual demos such as illusionists or those bands where the on-stage
performance is as important visually as orally. They supply the
originals, so I'll only be copying - which I can do as a single piece,
so dao should be fine. I've got by so far without any DVD facility at
all :)

Obviously, I would like everything to be working as it should but I
believe the main reasons for urgency have been overcome. I can now take
it a stage at a time.

Many thanks to WYLUG-help, and especially to John and Nigel, for the
help to date.

Best,

Mike