[WYLUG-help] still trying to get this machine to copy cds/dvds

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Mar 4 14:47:49 GMT 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 14:16 +0000, Mike wrote:
>> Thanks, Nigel. The filename, having checked, is image. It is in the
>> directory /tmp.
>
> So the full pathname of the image is /tmp/image
>
>> The last few lines when using the command cdrecord
>> -dev=/dev/cdrom1 /etc/image are:
>
> So the pathname you are refering to the image as is /etc/image
>
> 	/tmp/image != /etc/image

As for the permissions problem, have you got the latest FC2 updates installed?
I've not got an FC2 box with a CDR handy, but all's well with FC3 on that
front.  FC2 was restricted in this way for a while (due to security concerns)
but I thought it was all fixed with the latest kernel/cdrecord packages.

jh

--
"This island is made mainly of coal and surrounded by fish.  Only an organizing
  genius could produce a shortage of coal and fish at the same time."