[Wylug-help] Wireless orinoco_cs driver for Debian

Dave Fisher davef at gbdirect.co.uk
Sat Mar 12 19:29:27 GMT 2005

Hi All,

I'm afraid google has defeated me again.

I've never configured a wireless network before, so all I want to do
initially is peer two statically addressed Debian plagueships.  I'm
happy to deal with all the encryption negotiation and associated
complexity later.

As I understand it, all I have to do to get an interface up is load the
appropriate driver module and restart networking via
/etc/init.d/networking.  Is this just tosh?

According to http://linux_wless.passys.nl/
My Buffalo  802.11b  WLI-PCM-L11GP cards use the Agere chipset and
require the Wavelan driver.

I really don't want to go through the arse-ache of compiling yet another
kernel, so does anyone know if the  orinoco_cs driver has been packaged
for Debian.  If so, where do I find it?

Dave