[Wylug-help] Appalling Zope/Plone performance: what have I missed?

Felix Ulrich-Oltean felix at chaptereight.com
Thu May 26 17:31:53 BST 2005

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 04:57:20PM +0100, Jim Jackson wrote:
> On Thu, 26 May 2005, Dave Fisher wrote:

> >>Well, I thought it was ridiculously slow access, but following Jason's
> >>pointer to the relevant log files I'm entertaining the possibility that
> >>access is being blocked at some point that I haven't yet considered.
> >
> Maybe the web server is configured to only listen on the one interface
> instead of to *:80 etc, so the apache config files????

Ah good point.  In your zope.conf, what does your <http-server> section
say?  If this has an IP address, rather than just a port, it might
refuse to listen to outside connections.  E.g. for an "open" listener,
use something like:

<http-server>
  address 8080
</http-server>

(Which I think is the zope default, but debian sometimes likes to meddle
with app defaults ;-)

Felix.