[Wylug-help] Appalling Zope/Plone performance: a confession

Dave Fisher davef at gbdirect.co.uk
Thu May 26 18:01:06 BST 2005

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 05:30:50PM +0100, Felix Ulrich-Oltean wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 04:57:20PM +0100, Jim Jackson wrote:
> > >
> > Maybe the web server is configured to only listen on the one interface
> > instead of to *:80 etc, so the apache config files????
> >

> Ah good point.  In your zope.conf, what does your <http-server> section
> say?  If this has an IP address, rather than just a port, it might
> refuse to listen to outside connections.  E.g. for an "open" listener,
> use something like:
>
> <http-server>
>   address 8080
> </http-server>
>
> (Which I think is the zope default, but debian sometimes likes to meddle
> with app defaults ;-)

You're dead right about debian dicking with the defaults, but sadly the
problem was much more mundane than that.

I had previously checked the webserver config, hosts.allow, etc ...
but I completely forgot that I run a firewall (it's just so
quite) ...

Doh!

Sorry for wasting everyone's time, but thanks for all the help.

I certainly know a bit more about Zope and Plone now than I did
before.... and probably more than I would have learnt from the docs in
the same time.

So thanks again.

Dave