[Wylug-help] Laptop display problem in presentation

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Nov 5 12:55:59 GMT 2005

If you were present when I talked about video production you will
remember that I had a display problem.  When my laptop was attached to
the projector the display was unusable, looking as though 4 copies of
the text were almost superimposed - a multi-ghosting effect.  I had to
run my presentation on another box.  So far I have not managed to
ascertain exactly why this happened.

The display is an ATi one, currently using the vesa display only - I am
experimenting with dkms-ati modules.  Is this likely to be the cause of
the problem, or should I be looking for other things as well?

Any ideas/suggestions would be very helpful.

Mandriva hints & tips: http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org