[Wylug-help] Laptop display problem in presentation

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Sun Nov 6 15:25:07 GMT 2005

Anne Wilson writes:

> When my laptop was attached to the projector the display was unusable,

I'm guessing that you don't have a projector to test with, but
presumably the same thing happens with an external monitor?

> Any ideas/suggestions would be very helpful.

This isn't directly related since my laptop has different graphics
hardware, but it may be that something similar applies to yours.
If I use the Fn+F8 keystroke to switch to the external display, it gets
all messed up (and further, the internal display continues to be messed
up after switching back, until X is restarted).

To use an external display I instead run this program, which magically
makes everything work:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/i855crt

I haven't investigated this at all; the above works for me and I'm very
happy with it, but I've no idea what it's doing.

Smylers
--
May God bless us with enough foolishness to believe that we can make a
difference in this world, so that we can do what others claim cannot be done.