[Wylug-help] help over email issue

david powell dave at whipy.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 7 22:04:50 GMT 2005

hi
firstly hope this email  gets on the list

i seem to have a problem , not realy to do with linux as it is a email server
and spam problem

and the solution i am looking for is what action i can take

bit of a long story but heres what happended

i was reciving spam advretising geocity websites
as thease are part of the yahoo group i email'd them about it
and the spam stoped

now firstly thinking this is good but then finding that i was starting to
recive  mail undeliverable notices inplace of them
and it appears that thay are now sending the spam by spofing my email
addresses

this besides getting a now increaced unwanted mail i am also finding that
mail that i want to send is now getting classed as spam by some servers

to the point that the abiliaty to send mail is now uncertain

there is another issue that concerns me over this
i can see the following legal points

that is the spam mail itself is worded so looks as though the originator of
the mail recomends the products ( that i don't )

that there use of it is affecting my ability to send mail

and it is unatherised access to my email domain

another point that i feel is a major issue , with there current spaming
tactics and the way that spam is blocked that the problem of not beeing able
to send email is going to affect a lot of users and there is no way i know of
getting the email domain unblocked

if this mail does not reach the list i will register again using another
account

so does any one know who i can contact over this matter
and what if any action i can take to prevent further misuse of my email
address

and how many also reciving email undiliverable messages for mail thay did not
send (im getting aprox 50 a day since the spam stoped )

sorry if its not in the normal topic of descusion but i am at a loss as what i
can do about the situation

Dave