Fwd: [Wylug-help] Networked laser printer

Chris Mackins c.mackins at bradford.ac.uk
Tue Nov 8 21:42:05 GMT 2005

You should definately consider a Samsung - I've the ML-1755, Linux supported - I think most/all are.

Other big plus points - 40% toner saver on their models

The laser printers themselves can be a lot less expensive than others.

Replacement cartidges are reasonably less expensive than others.

Mandrake just see's its and has no problems with its config.

Might also be worth looking at http://www.samsung-shop.co.uk/

---

Can anyone recommend a decent CUPS friendly network laser printer for
medium
duty use (for use by about 10 staff in an education establishment).
I've
trawled www.linuxprinting.org and narrowed the field down to a few
thousand
printers :) A recommendation from someone with first hand knowledge
would
save me a lot of reading up!

Thanks
--