[Wylug-help] Video out

Phil Driscoll phil at dialsolutions.co.uk
Tue Nov 15 09:31:23 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 15 November 2005 08:56, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I know that my Acer laptop was a bad buy for linux, but I'm determined
> not to let it win :-)  Can someone please tell me whether the projector
> setup needs specific resolution, or any other particular settings?
>
> Investigating the problem is very difficult when I don't have access to
> the equipment.  As I said before, video out to a CRT monitor here is no
> problem.

The projector resolution is likely to be either 800x600 or 1024x768. Last
night, it looked like you had the screen resolution set to one of these, but
your desktop size was still the normal full size for your big Acer laptop
screen, hence all the scrolling around when you moved the pointer near the
edge of the screen.

As well as the resolution issue, you will also need to make sure that the
refresh rate is not too high, as this might also upset the projector. 70Hz
should do.

There's probably a Mandriva gui tool of some kind to help you configure this
without having to resort to editing /etc/X11/xorg.conf - can anyone point
Anne in the right direction?

--
Phil Driscoll