[Wylug-help] Video out

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Nov 15 22:42:26 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 15 Nov 2005 09:22, Phil Driscoll wrote:

> The projector resolution is likely to be either 800x600 or 1024x768.
> Last night, it looked like you had the screen resolution set to one
> of these, but your desktop size was still the normal full size for
> your big Acer laptop screen, hence all the scrolling around when you
> moved the pointer near the edge of the screen.
>
> As well as the resolution issue, you will also need to make sure that
> the refresh rate is not too high, as this might also upset the
> projector. 70Hz should do.

On advice from the Mandriva lists I have created a net-profile that
calls for X to supply a generic monitor at 1024x768 at 60Hz.  If this
doesn't work I'm completely out of ideas.  Now I just have to wait
another month until I can find out whether it works :-(

Mandriva hints & tips: http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org