[Wylug-help] 'Abiword' Non-Breaking Spaces

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Sat Oct 1 22:53:38 BST 2005

Neil Pilgrim writes:

> Smylers wrote:
>
> > Neil Pilgrim writes:
>
> > > Try ctrl-shift-space. No idea why its different :)
> >
> > Also, what made you think to try that?  Is there a list of keystrokes
> > hiding the documentation somewhere?
>
> Google: hard space abiword

I hadn't thought of "hard" (only "non-breaking").  But strangely enough
I had seen this thread anyway:

> (3rd or 4th link)

I'd read other mails in the thread about importing   characters,
and since that isn't what I want to do I dismissed the rest of that
thread and didn't spot the keystroke tip in there.

> :)
>
> Looks like an abiword oddity.

I can cope with the oddness, but not having it documented anywhere isn't
particularly sporting.

Oh, and there's still the fact that it doesn't actually work for me.

Smylers
--
May God bless us with enough foolishness to believe that we can make a
difference in this world, so that we can do what others claim cannot be done.