[Wylug-help] linux and laptops

hannah d. hannah at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Sun Oct 9 17:13:10 BST 2005

Hi All -

I've been asked to recommend a computer for a friend
of a friend. I am going to recommend and assist with
the installation of linux - but he wants a laptop, and
it has been some time since I looked into this sort of
thing.

Are there still issues with linux on certain laptops?
Or has it all been sorted out in the last few years?
Are there makes and/or distributions to avoid?

Bonus question:
He's going to want a scanner and a printer too.

Cheers,

.h
--
hannah dee. phd student, computing, leeds.