[Wylug-help] installing linux on pc104 with only floppy boot and external usb cdrom

Yiannis Gatsoulis menig at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Oct 21 12:13:50 BST 2005

Hello,

I would like to know how can I install a linux kernel into a pc104
running an intel 266MHz and 64 MB RAM which can be booted from a floppy
and has an external usb cdrom drive, but the bios does not support usb
boot. No gui is necessary, although it could be nice but I don't know if
it possible for the system. By googling the latest kernel does not fit
in a single floppy as I was thinking of putting fedora distro. gcc and
some other libraries are necessary but I guess these can come later...
Basically what I am trying to do is put linux on a robot platform and
then install a robot control server. Could you please give some
directions, information, suggestions, walkthrough or something to start?
It might be helpful for you to know that I am a linux expert but simply
a user who is working in Linux for the last 2 years...

Cheers.

--
Yiannis Gatsoulis

Research Student