[Wylug-help] installing linux on pc104 with only floppy boot and external usb cdrom

Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu
Fri Oct 21 12:59:55 BST 2005

On 21 Oct 05, Yiannis Gatsoulis (menig at leeds.ac.uk) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know how can I install a linux kernel into a pc104
> running an intel 266MHz and 64 MB RAM which can be booted from a floppy
> and has an external usb cdrom drive, but the bios does not support usb
> boot.

If you've already got a working linux somewhere, then
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2004-August/msg00031.html
or you could use another distribution which ships with boot-floppy images
on the cds (debian).

--
Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu http://patter.mine.nu/ GPG: E3E8E974
Jabber: patter on jabber.earth.li MSN: stephenpatterson893 at hotmail.com
GMail invites to anyone who wants one
"Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door."