[WYLUG-Help]

Mike Goodman mike at jazzitis.uklinux.net
Fri Sep 9 11:51:54 BST 2005

That gives a pop-up which tells me audio device detected as Vendor,
Creative; Model: Labs SB Audigy LS; Module: snd-ca0106 and when I click
the "play test sound" button I hear nothing. Here's the terminal
input/response:

[mike at count ~]$ system-config-soundcard
amixer: Unable to find simple control 'Master',0

amixer: Unable to find simple control 'PCM',0

amixer: Unable to find simple control 'PCM-2',0

amixer: Unable to find simple control 'DRC Range',0

Playing WAVE '/usr/share/system-config-soundcard/sound-sample.wav' :
Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo

Does that explain anything? Are there any files I should reprint here
which may help you to help me?

Mike