[WYLUG-Help] FC4 and Audigy CA0106

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Sep 9 15:31:19 BST 2005

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, Anne Wilson wrote:

> Red means it's too high - it should be in the green, or marginally red.
> More worrying, though, is that it doesn't seem to be recognising the
> channels.  I'll look back through my archived mail and see if there is
> anything there about the driver for Audigy LS.  The problem with Creative
> Labs, of course, is that they market differing cards under the same name.
> I've not seen the name CA0106 before.  A quick google, though, brings lots
> of links -
>
> http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=linux+CA0106&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial
>
> The top one looks helpful.

We've got a SB Live 24bit working fine here.  The Audigy LS (if you manage to
find this out you deserve a small award) seems to be an SB Live 24bit (CA0106)
with an AC97 attached to handle the recording, and possibly some other side of
the audio routing.

I found that FC4 picked it up perfectly (although the recording doesn't work
with alsa 1.0.9).

jh

--
"Woman was God's second mistake."                    -- Nietzsche