[WYLUG-Help]

Mike Goodman mike at jazzitis.uklinux.net
Fri Sep 9 16:14:50 BST 2005

Had a play with the controls as suggested by John Hodrien. Managed to
get all the bars in the green range, and all with something in them -
the small one now contains 00. Still silence (pun?). Can't make much
sense of anything from the link, Anne. Just tried lspci -v and part of
its output is:

00:08.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Audigy LS
        Subsystem: Creative Labs SB0410 SBLive! 24-bit
        I/O ports at ec00 [size=32]
        Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2

but I failed on the small award because I can't see anything which says
CA0106. In fact, I went one further and got a bigger fail as root:

# modprobe snd-card-ca0106
FATAL: Module snd_card_ca0106 not found.

Now, there seems to me to be something of a contradiction with something
I said earlier . . .

Should I be installing something? I simply stuck the sound card into the
slot and when the commands which I found on the web seemed to show the
thing to be there, just assumed that was it. What does "Module" refer
to, and where should it be?