[Wylug-help] Lotus Domino Startup/Shutdown Script

Shaun Laughey shaun at laughey.com
Wed Apr 26 11:36:44 BST 2006

On Wednesday 26 April 2006 09:59, Lee Mitcheson wrote:
> I wonder if anyone can help with a problem. I have a script received from
> IBM site to enable me to start and stop the Domino server.
>
> The script works just fine to both start and stop Lotus Domino when used
> manually (e.g. /etc/init.d/domino start|stop), however, I have used
> chkconfig to add this to the necessary runlevels to enable Linux to
> start/stop Domino automatically, but the script only seems to start the
> Domino server and fails to stop it on server shutdown/reboot.
>
> Can anyone advise further?
>

> Cheers,
>
> Lee Mitcheson
> IT Support Analyst
>
> E-Mail:  LMitcheson at BisonBede.co.uk
> www:  bisonbede.com
> Tel:  01207 585067

Hiya Lee,
I expect it's a problem with the script and your flavour of operating system.
The command chkconfig uses some info in the comments section of
the /etc/init.d/yourscriptname.

For example here are two leading distro's way of doing it:

Here's my apache2 chkconfig bit on Suse 10:

### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:                     apache2 httpd2
# Required-Start:               $local_fs $remote_fs $network
### END INIT INFO

and here's the same apache2 chkconfig bit on Mandriva 2006:

# Startup script for the Apache Web Server
#
# chkconfig: 345 92 8
#              HTML files and CGI.
# processname: httpd
# pidfile: /var/run/httpd.pid

So it look likes it depends on your distribution as to how your chkconfig
behaves.

Hope this helps you modify your script accordingly.

Unless of course you are using some other entirely different distribution who
have made yet another flavour of chkconfig.

Shaun Laughey.
py r2 ltd.