[Wylug-help] fstab

Imran Javeed imran.javeed at i-ksolutions.com
Sat Dec 9 16:50:08 GMT 2006

I need help configuring the fstab file on a Linux Redhat system. I'm
trying to mount an apple Xserve and have used the line:

//192.168.1.201/XserveRAID	/xserve	smbfs
guest,rw,sockopt=TCP_NODELAY	0,0

This works in that I can read files from the Xserve but can only write
to it if I'm logged on as root, but not under any other account. Also
I'm accessing via smb and not nfs, which I think would be a better
---------------------

I would say it is the smb.conf file thay may need looking at

Look for effective permissions on files and dirs

Frank

Regards

Imran Javeed

I need help configuring the fstab file on a Linux Redhat system. I'm
trying to mount an apple Xserve and have used the line:

//192.168.1.201/XserveRAID	/xserve	smbfs
guest,rw,sockopt=TCP_NODELAY	0,0

This works in that I can read files from the Xserve but can only write
to it if I'm logged on as root, but not under any other account. Also
I'm accessing via smb and not nfs, which I think would be a better
protocol. Could somebody please help me out with the right line to put
in fstab

Carl