[Wylug-help] KDE Config: Bell/Alarm in Konsole and Desktop (Kubuntu)

david powell dave at whipy.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 4 16:57:57 GMT 2006

On Monday 30 January 2006 1:47 pm, Dave Fisher wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can someone tell me how/where stop/control alarms beeping at me in KDE
> on Debian (actually Kubuntu)?
>
> As you'd expect, it's terminal bells that are bugging me most.

well     System Settings > Sound & Multimedia > System Notifications
select the application , and decide what knotifications you want it to sound
not shure if it will allow the system bell to be controled in that menu but
you could always use a single wav or ogg file for all events that makes the
same sound as the system bell
but that will only enable or disable it for all instances of konsole

if you realy want you could install KTTSD and have it speak a message ether a
default or custom message when a Knotify event happens

> I can see the option: Settings > Bell on the Konsole menus, but that
> only seems to set the bell on a per session basis.  Which means I have
> to set it separately for each 'tab/session' and I lose all the settings
> on exit.
>
> Can I create a system-wide terminal config that konsole will honour,
> e.g.
no all kde configure settings are user wide so each user can have there own
individual configuration

>   /etc/terminfo/konsole ?

the config files are in ~/.kde
the rc file for konsole is in ~/.kde/share/config
where  ~ is the path to your users home dir   /home/user for example

although there should  be the option to save a configuration as the
applications  default profile
settings > save as defaults should do that for you