[Wylug-help] wifi adaptor for laptop

Mike Goodman mike at jazzitis.uklinux.net
Tue Feb 7 15:21:26 GMT 2006

Hi, Folks,

I have an Acer Aspire 3002LC and I need to enable it for wi-fi for an
exhibition tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow. I called CCL Computers and asked
which of their offerings would be suitable and was told the Netgear
WG111v2 - which upon opening the box has only Windoze drivers and the
Netgear site is clear about being a fan of Billionaire Bill only.

There are confusing articles on the web, so not sure which to follow.
So, if anyone can reply very quickly, please let me know if:
a) you have experience with this piece of kit and whether I can
configure it easily (and quickly) on my FC4-driven Aspire 3002LC or
b) if you know a Linux-friendly supplier of such goodies locally (say,
10 mile or so radius) to Batley?

Oh, and for anyone not already aware, I do _not_ recommend CCL
Computers' sales staff for hardware advice. This guy knew the need was
urgent and still gave out misleading claptrap.

Many thanks and best regards,

Mike
--
"Documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; and
when it is bad, it is better than nothing."