[WYLUG-HELP] Scribus can't find directories when creating pdf

Mike Goodman mike at jazzitis.uklinux.net
Sat Jan 7 20:55:22 GMT 2006

Hi, Folks, and Happy New Year to everyone.

I've been using Scribus to create a simple monthly newsletter - apart
from a couple of box surrounds, it's all text.

I've just been trying to convert the latest one to .pdf format so it can
be emailed to someone who has to print it off with whatever M$ stuff
they are using (it gets printed and stuffed in with a couple of other
sheets then sent by snail to the distribution list).

However, Scribus error message "Warning Can't write to File: /path/to
dir/holding/original.sla/file.pdf" comes up when I try to save. I've
tried it after converting text to curves and without, i.e. embedding the
fonts. I've also tried it for printer and for web/whatever the option
was.

The only thing I can think of since the last (successful) conversion to
pdf in Scribus was to run yum update for fc4.

Any ideas?

Mike