[Wylug-help] Lost network printing

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Jan 9 17:09:06 GMT 2006

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006, Anne Wilson wrote:

> No doubt it is something I did, while trying to find my way around
> debian, but I've lost the connection to my networked printers.  They
> were working fine a few days ago.
>
> I've checked /etc/cups/client.conf and the server name is still defined.
> I can samba-mount the box with the printers.  I can ping the box by
> name.
>
> What have I missed?  How can I get those printers recognised again?

Odd.  If you've got the servername defined in client.conf, then there's
nothing else to configure on a client machine.

What does lpstat -v return?

jh

--
"The only difference between the bitchy whining children in open source
  development and the bitchy whining children in closed source development is