[Wylug-help] Lost network printing

Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu
Tue Jan 10 13:05:13 GMT 2006

On 09 Jan 06, Anne Wilson (cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk) wrote:
> No doubt it is something I did, while trying to find my way around
> debian, but I've lost the connection to my networked printers.  They
> were working fine a few days ago.

I've recently managed to do something similar in debian, though I was hacking
about quite a bit in the cups config, so I just blamed myself *grin*

Seeing as your client can see the printers as present, I'd suggest having a look
at some of the access control sections in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf, especially
<Location /> and <Location /printers> the syntax is a lot like apache's
Allow/Deny configuration.

If this doesn't make too much sense, you could post your config files & I'll
have a look at them.

--
Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu http://patter.mine.nu/ GPG: E3E8E974
Jabber: patter on jabber.earth.li MSN: stephenpatterson893 at hotmail.com
GMail invites to anyone who wants one
"Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door."