[Wylug-help] mkisofs -dvd-image and charset

Dave Fisher wylug-help at davefisher.co.uk
Wed Jan 11 16:15:37 GMT 2006

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 08:58:37AM +0000, Aaron Crane wrote:
> I think you've got two errors in your command line.  First of all, video
> DVD filesystems are UDF, not ISO 9660, so you need to add the '-udf'
> option.

Thanks for that.  I was aware of the -udf option, but thought that it
was implicit in the -dvd-video option.

I'll have to go back to the mkisofs man page to see what -dvd-video
itself adds to the recipe.

> Secondly, mkisofs adds the _contents_ of any command-line
> directories to the filesystem it builds, rather than the directories
> themselves.

Oops, the error there was just a cut-and-paste thinko, when composing
the mail to wylug.

Thanks again,

Dave