[Wylug-help] Using GPG

Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu
Sun Jan 15 19:03:51 GMT 2006

On 15 Jan 06, Mike Goodman (mike at jazzitis.uklinux.net) wrote:
> I send an email to pgp-public-keys at keys.pgp.net and put ADD in the
> subject line. In the body - I put my public key? e.g. 1024D/F21F65D8
> 2006-01-15 [expires: 2007-01-15] ?

The F21F65D8 is a unique identifier for that key. The key itself can contain
data including your name & email address.

> Do I need to put in my uid? If so, where? If not, how will the keyserver
> know who it belongs to?

I'd expect it to figure it out as above, though I've only ever used 'gpg
--send-keys' to submit to a keyserver (that uploadds the key directly).

--
Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu http://patter.mine.nu/ GPG: E3E8E974
Jabber: patter at jabber.earth.li MSN: stephenpatterson893 at hotmail.com
GMail invites to anyone who wants one
"Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door."