[Wylug-help] OpenOffice non-breaking hyphen

Chris Davies chris.davies at bcs.org.uk
Tue Jan 24 17:07:58 GMT 2006

Hi folks,

I'm trying to insert a non-breaking hyphen in OpenOffice (writer), i.e. a word
with a hyphen in it that I do not want broken over two lines.

The online help says I should, "press Shift+Ctrl+ minus sign. In other words,
hold down the Shift and Ctrl keys and press the minus key." However, this gives
me an underscore instead of a hyphen.

Empirically, it appears to be implying that I should use the dash on a numeric
keypad - but my laptop doesn't have one of those. Any ideas, please?

Cheers,
Chris
--
Chris Davies MBCS, chris.davies at bcs.org.uk, 07778 199069