[WYLUG-help] "lost" hdd

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Sat Jan 28 16:49:35 GMT 2006

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006, Mike Goodman wrote:

> I have now added two lines for hda into fstab, so it now reads:
>
>> # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
>> #
>> proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
>> /dev/hda1       /               ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro 0       1
>> /dev/hda5       none            swap    sw              0       0
>> /dev/hdb1       /               ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro 0       1
>> /dev/hdb5       none            swap    sw              0       0
>> /dev/hdd        /media/cdrom0   iso9660 ro,user,noauto  0       0
>> /dev/fd0        /media/floppy0  auto    rw,user,noauto  0       0

Ouch, that's not right.  You've set the mount point wrong.  That should read:

/dev/hda1     /mnt/hda1   blah-blah-blah

if you want it to be mounted at /mnt/hda1.  Don't leave it like that, you
could cause havoc on a reboot.

jh

--
"Love is a state in which a man sees things most decidedly as they are not."
                                                      -- Nietzsche