[WYLUG-help] "lost" hdd

Mike Goodman mike at jazzitis.uklinux.net
Sun Jan 29 13:10:02 GMT 2006

Trawled through the howtos at tldp.org and read through a couple without
furthering my understanding of the system I'm currently concerned with.
The howtos, it seems, are telling me the principals but not the howtows
- like how to find out what is happening in this system so remedial
action can be taken if it's not all as it should be, which is what I
suspect.

Rebooted and the system came back up OK.

command mount on /dev/hda1 and /mnt/hda1 returns:
mount: mount point /[dev][mnt]/hda1 does not exist

mount /dev/hdb1 returns
mount: /dev/hdb1 already mounted or / busy
mount: according to mtab, /dev/hdb1 is already mounted on /

ls /dev/hdb1 returns
/dev/hdb1

ls / returns
bin	cdrom	etc	initrd 		and all the rest
boot	dev	home	initrd.img	which I assume is what we would expect.

Is this progress? Bearing in mind that what I am trying to achieve is to
get two hard disc drives working together in a single installation of
Debian Sarge?

Best,

Mike
--
"Documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; and
when it is bad, it is better than nothing."