[Wylug-help] KDE Config: Bell/Alarm in Konsole and Desktop (Kubuntu)

Dave Fisher wylug-help at davefisher.co.uk
Mon Jan 30 14:33:11 GMT 2006

Hi All,

Can someone tell me how/where stop/control alarms beeping at me in KDE
on Debian (actually Kubuntu)?

As you'd expect, it's terminal bells that are bugging me most.

I can see the option: Settings > Bell on the Konsole menus, but that
only seems to set the bell on a per session basis.  Which means I have
to set it separately for each 'tab/session' and I lose all the settings
on exit.

Can I create a system-wide terminal config that konsole will honour,
e.g.

  /etc/terminfo/konsole ?

  or

  /lib/terminfo/k/konsole ?

  or

  /usr/share/vte/termcap/konsole ?

Advice and/or examples on the most suitable approach would be
appreciated.

A secondary concern is desktop alarms.  I'm sure there is a settings dialogue box
somewhere, but it's eluding me at present. Any pointers?

Dave