[Wylug-help] Linux sound & midi

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Thu Jul 6 20:32:11 BST 2006

I'm starting to have a dabble with some of the linux music software - in
particular rosegarden, however I don't have much knowledge on linux
sound and midi devices.

I'd like to add a reasonable midi synth to my system, and for
convenience and portability would much prefer to use an external USB device.

So can someone give some advice as to how well USB sound devices - for
example the Creative external devices - are supported, which devices are
worth looking at etc - or good sources of information on this stuff....

Moneywise, I'm thinking of the order of £50 - hopefully enough to get
decent quality but not in the eye-watering semi-pro league :-)

    Nigel.