[Wylug-help] Openoffice (writer) landscape and portrait

Chris Davies MBCS chris.davies at bcs.org.uk
Mon Jul 17 17:14:07 BST 2006

Folks,

I have a mostly-portrait layout document in OpenOffice (writer) that contains a
single landscape page. The landscape page is printed at right angles to the
portrait pages, but that gets me a nice wide page for a large table I need to
include.

I would like to have the header and footer to be in the same place on all pages,
i.e. at the top and bottom of a portrait style page, regardless of whether the
page content is portrait or landscape. However, on the landscape page, the
header and footer are also rotated 90 degrees, so as to match the page content.

I've had a bit of a play around with frames and the like, but nothing I've tried
seems to have an option to rotate its content 90 degrees.

Can this be done, and if so, how?

Cheers,
Chris
--