[WYLUG-HELP]

Mike Goodman mike.goodman at zen.co.uk
Mon Jul 17 19:00:50 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 18:33 +0100, Yiannis Gatsoulis wrote:
> Mike Goodman wrote:
>
> >Thanks, Yiannis, but it doesn't work for me. I got the ekiga.net account
> >working again after a lot of fiddling about - found an OS STUN server
> >and reconfigured. Ekiga doesn't seem to like having accounts with more
> >than one STUN setting, though, and having found a firewall it is very
> >unhappy indeed to work without a STUN server. It may work when the FC5
> >compilers compile the latest version of Ekiga in. There's a known bug in
> >the one that's currently installed and I suspect the problem may lie
> >there.
> >

> Dont know much but I think that it works with any STUN server. For
> example in my machine I am using the ekiga stun server and I have more
> than one accounts all working fine...

OK. Let me explain. I am trying to use the services of a provider whose
servers handle all NAT issues at their servers. I do not want a STUN
server getting in the way for that reason. Ekiga appears extremely
unhappy with that, to the point of not working when I tell it the way I
want it to handle NAT is "None".

Hence I shall stick with AIX2 until Ekiga is fixed in FC5 or until I get
a decent SIP phone which will bypass Ekiga, FC5 and my PC altogether.

Many thanks, though. I can see how I have, once again, led to
confusion ;)

Best regards,

Mike