[Wylug-help] Printing S5 presentations (Was: Presentations in Scribus)

Dave Fisher wylug-help at davefisher.co.uk
Mon Mar 6 13:29:02 GMT 2006

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 01:04:04PM +0000, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> The handout is the minimally styled form you get from invoking the 0
> item at the bottom of the page.  Additional material can be included by
> wrapping it in a <div class="handout">...</div>

Ah, that's what I'd initially hypothesised, but then dismissed, because:

  * None of the instances that I glanced through used <div
    class="handout">...</div>

  * Printing the distro sample suggested that it had no print-specific
    styling at all , e.g. page breaks in the middle of slides!

> The Exim Development talk I did a year back uses this - see
>    http://www.uit.co.uk/exim-conference/full-papers/nigel-metheringham/
> however it looks like the rest of the S5 files were lost when they put
> that up so you *only* see the handout form :-)
>
> I can mail you the complete directory structure if you wish...

That would be handy. If nothing else it would help me confirm what the
default behaviour is supposed to be.

I'm hoping that I can write some supplementary css to fix the lack of
headers, footers, margins and page breaks, (e.g. using
the css page-break-after property).

Does this sound plausible? e.g.  has anyone else done this or seen
examples of it?

Dave