[Wylug-help] Printing S5 presentations (Was: Presentations in Scribus)

Dave Fisher wylug-help at davefisher.co.uk
Mon Mar 6 13:59:11 GMT 2006

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 01:46:55PM +0000, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> The print styling does suffer from the "all-one-web-page" problem.  Is
> there a way of forcing or suggesting page breaks in (x)html?

In theory CSS2 has most of what you need for paged media:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/page.html

Including quite a lot of page breaking control:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/page.html#page-breaks

I haven't done enough printer friendly CSS to know what the level of
browser support is, but I'll give it a go ... and report back if people
are interested.

Dave