[Wylug-help] Printing S5 presentations (Was: Presentations in Scribus)

Dave Fisher wylug-help at davefisher.co.uk
Mon Mar 6 14:17:48 GMT 2006

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 01:58:45PM +0000, Dave Fisher wrote:
> I haven't done enough printer friendly CSS to know what the level of
> browser support is, but I'll give it a go ... and report back if people
> are interested.

At first sight, this looks like it may be a non-starter. From:

  http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=PrintStylesheets

"Support for the page-break properties (such as page-break-inside) is
largely non-existent, even in the latest browsers, the major exception
being Opera (Opera 5 onwards)"

On the other hand, Opera 5 was a long time ago and Microsoft is crowing
about the printing in the IE7 beta:

Dave